Using the Soundwave Studio
The Soundwave Studio is a tone generator that lets you experiment with different waveforms. When using the Soundwave Studio, make sure you have connected the coil and magnet, paper speaker, or speaker panel – otherwise you won’t be able to hear anything!
- Unlock the Soundwave Studio by completing the Coil and Magnet activity.
- Select Sine, Square, Triangle, or Saw to hear each waveform’s unique sound.
- Use the Frequency slider to adjust the number of vibrations per second. Higher frequencies make higher pitched tones.
- Tap the Pencil button to enter a specific frequency.
- Tap the Speaker button to adjust the volume.
- Tap the Play/Pause button to start or stop the tone.