Using the Coil Launcher
The Coil Launcher lets you send pulses of electricity through the coil, launching it up away from the magnet.
- Unlock the Coil Launcher by completing the Launch Prep activity.
- Press the LAUNCH button to send a pulse of electrical current through the coil.
- Use the POWER slider to control how much current you send to the coil. More current generates more magnetic force for a higher launch.
Some tips for a higher launch:
- Make sure the coil is connected and positioned over the magnet before you press the LAUNCH button.
- Place the magnet on a smooth flat surface with its blue plastic base facing down.
- Place the coil down around the magnet with its yellow plastic base facing down.
- Make sure the coil is free to move up and down around the magnet, and the cable is not twisted or kinked.