If you’re having trouble getting it to work, here are some tips:
- Make sure camera permissions are enabled. Go to iOS Settings > Listen and switch camera access on.
- Make sure you’ve got the ear pucks positioned correctly. Place them flat on a table, (not in the headphone yokes,) and make sure they are faceup, with the black and white ‘L’ and ‘R’ stickers visible.
- Remove the ear cushions from the ear pucks. (The cushions can block the camera’s view of the stickers.)
- Start by aiming the camera straight down at one ear puck, with the camera about 8 to 10 inches away. Try to center the ear puck in the white outline.
- Once the app has “locked on” to the target, you should hear a tone and see a cloud of small blue or pink dots.
- When the dots are visible, you can move the camera around for a better view, but try not to move it too far or too quickly.